Academic Research Interests
- Generally, I focus my research on the doctrines of God, the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, Pentecostalism, and Karl Barth.
- Touched by God: Experiencing the Holy Spirit. I have posted some early excerpts on my blog here and here.
- Beliefs and Practices of PAOC Clergy: A Study of Attitudes, Beliefs, and Behaviours—Then and Now, with Adam Stewart. We conducted a survey in October 2014, and we are currently writing a book called Canadian Pentecostal Clergy: Contemporary Trends that assesses the results.
- Pentecostals and Karl Barth’s Theology, co-editing with Frank Macchia.
- “The Spirit of Power and Love: Edwards and Pentecostals on Pneumatology,” to be published in From Northampton to Azusa: Pentecostals and the Theology of Jonathan Edwards, edited by Amos Yong and Steven M. Studebaker.
- “Pentecostals and Karl Barth on (Im)mutability and (Im)passibility.”
- “The Holy Spirit in the Charismatic Movement,” to be published in The T & T Clark Companion to Pneumatology, edited by Daniel Castelo and Ken Loyer.
- “A History of the PAOC’s Statement of Fundamental and Essential Truths.”
- “Spirit Baptism in Early Canadian Pentecostal Theology.”
- “Toward a Trinitarian Doctrine of the Divine Attributes: A Pneumatological Assist for Karl Barth’s Doctrine of the Divine Freedom.”
You can find a list of my publications here.